Sunday, April 8, 2012

Lets get this party started, shall we?



I was born and raised in Florida, and to be quite honest with you, I've never been a fan of the state. I blame the weather, mostly. Then there's the tourists and the snowbirds. The latter two did not, however, become a nuisance until I had acquired my drivers license.

I made it out of the state for a handful of years. I relocated just outside of Philadelphia and fell in love. My return to Florida was not completely voluntary, but there is always going to be a part of me that knows that this is home and where I'm supposed to be. Really, at the end of the day, there's three things that keep me here and keep me from really detesting my home state. My friends and family, the Tampa Bay Lightning, and of course....Disney.

I've been a Disney fan pretty much from birth. Movies, books, songs, and of course the theme parks. I took my first trip at the age of three and have been hooked ever since. I'll be turning thirty in a couple of weeks and Walt Disney has been the one consistent love of my life. You know, this may be the reason I can't land myself in a real relationship. Just something to think on.

I made this blog as a place to collect my random thoughts and opinions on the subject at hand. Also as a place to document the ridiculous adventures that take place from time to time when my friends and I pay the House of Mouse a visit.

There's people out there that think it's insane for a grown adult without children to love a place like Disney World the way I do. The fact of the matter is, it really is magical. My tastes have changed and adapted as I've grown older, but as soon as I hit Main Street, my heart lights up and the little girl in me perks right up. True, I've grown up, the way I spend my days in the parks is nowhere near the schedules I held once upon a time, but there's something amazing about "the world" that keeps me coming back again and again. It's my happy place. While I'm at Disney, my biggest concern is getting on Peter Pan's Flight (Still my favorite ride, 27 years later, I'll have you know...) before the lines get too ridiculous. No stressing, no anger, no real world to piss you off. Just Margaritas in Mexico, napping in the Carousel of Progress, or catching up with Fozzie and Kermit.

So that brings me here. My attempt at a Disney blog. Just my own little corner of the interwebs to throw my two cents in. So stick around, grab a dole whip, keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times, Por favor mantanganse allejadro de las puertas, and of course....no dancing on the monorail.

No comments:

Post a Comment