Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Paris, je t'aime....

Dear Kevin,

I've convinced myself that what we had was special. I know, deep down, that what we shared was real. There may not have been any singing candlesticks or dancing flatware, but it was magic.

From the moment you introduced yourself, I knew that we were in for an extraordinary experience. Your smile, your accent, everything about you drew not only me, but everyone in.  You see, Kevin, these are the things that they write about in story books. Lancelot and Guinevere, Tristan and Isolde, Romeo and Juliet.....French Kevin and Table Number 7.

I don't care what they say, I know we had something genuine, something amazing. I know you wouldn't dare ever speak to another table the way you spoke to ours. And don't worry, Kevin. I know. I know that had you not had to work that evening, you would have gladly left with us to explore everything the world (showcase) has to offer. Romantic viking boat rides in Norway, dancing to the maricachi band in mexico....it would have been amazing. I know your heart is breaking as much as ours, but fear not, French Kevin. Fate (and seasonal passes) will bring us together again.

Fate and the lobster bisque. That ish was fantastic.


2 comments: